Pages

Saturday, August 30, 2008

My watchdog


Hey, he may not stop you from breaking in but he'll damned sure tell me what time you were there.............


Punkindog is my best bud. I got him about 15 years ago and was told that he was full blooded lab. As time passed I realized that he wasn't full blooded lab - he was too long legged, his ears were too long, he had a weird lope and he BAYED instead of barked. And then I remembered the Black and Tan Coonhound that was next door to the ranch where I got him.


Lately he's started collecting things that have my scent on them, putting them in a big pile and laying around them, almost like he's guarding them from the Evil Cats. It's gotten to the point that when I walk in from work I take off my work watch and hand it to him. He'll take it and just carry it around for a while before he drops it and goes looking for my hat, Copenhagen can, beer bottle or anything else I might have handled.



No comments: