Saturday, September 13, 2008

My single shot

I used to have this H&R model 088 12 gauge shotgun that my partner Randy gave me. It kicked so hard the first time I shot it I thought the thing blew up. It was a single shot, so there was virtually no action or anything else to weight it down for that matter, so when you touched that fucker off it really jumped around. The funny thing was though, I could really connect with it. Whenever I hunted with it I never missed. Now, I had practiced a quick reload in case I needed a second shot, but I don't ever recall having to shoot twice. I don't know if it was because I subconsciencly knew that I was shooting a single shot and I had better make that first shot count, or if it kicked so hard that I didn't want to fire it any more than I absolutely had to.

No comments: