Monday, September 22, 2008

Oh, I see

I'm leaving the post office a year or so ago and see one of my friends walking up to the door, whistling, greeting strangers and in an unusually good mood.
I honk my horn and he notices me and heads my way.
"What's up Bro? You're lookin' awful cheery today" I said.
"Oh, just headed in to pay a little to the ex" he says.
"Really? They don't take it out of your check?"
"Naw, we went through a paralegal so it's a voluntary thing, ya know?"
"Okay, let me get this straight. You're still supporting your ex and this is a reason to be happy?" I asked. "That would piss me off, paying her my hard earned money"
"It depends on how you look at it" he replies. "You see it as supporting her. I look at it as insurance to keep her butt away. THAT'S why I'm in a good mood."
I bought breakfast.