Pages


Friday, October 24, 2008

Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

So this Department of Water Resources representative stops
at a Canadian ranch in Alberta, and talks with an old rancher.
He tells the rancher, 'I need to inspect your ranch for your
water allocation'.
The old rancher says, 'Okay, but don't go in that field over there.'
The water representative says, 'Mister, I have the authority of
the Provincial Government with me. See this card? This card
means I am allowed to go WHEREVER I WISH on any
agricultural land. No questions asked or answered.
Have I made myself clear? Do you understand?'
The old rancher nods politely and goes about his chores.
Later, the old rancher hears loud screams and spies the water rep
running for his life, and close behind is the rancher's bull. The bull
is gaining with every step.
The rep is clearly terrified, so the old rancher immediately throws
down his tools, runs to the fence and yells at the top of his lungs.....
'Your card! Show him your card!'

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated due to spam, drunks and trolls.
Keep 'em civil, coherent, short, and on topic.