Pages


Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Burpin and slurpin

I was wandering through the Winco market today trying to figure out what I can cook tomorrow to last me for a couple of days - thinking about a nice pork roast, but then I saw some smoked ham hocks.
So now it's all about a big pot of pinto beans, hocks, fried potatoes and cornbread, all for under 10 bucks. And not only that but I stayed true to the pig.
Sonofabitch, I love Okie food.
And the good thing about beans is after I get tired of them I can mash them all up for refries on tortillas with a dab of rice, chicken, cilantro, tomatoes and them vicious little peppers that I love so much.
Being poor does have it's benefits, don't it?

6 comments:

  1. I bet them peppers make it burn at both ends...

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a great meal, its been awhile since i had that, but have to put it back on the menu. Just take 2 beanos beforehand, you'll be fine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa!!! Not so fast... lets dwell on that cornbread for a minute... I love some cornbread, cooked in a cast iron skillet with bacon grease mixed into the batter... man, there's no better bread than cornbread that just a touch crispy, with lots of butter... I'm not supposed to eat any 'cause of my stomach problems, so you gotta post some pictures and tell me how good it was... I think I'm having a moment here........

    ReplyDelete
  4. Damn that sounds good-perfect winter meal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. VC - More at one end than the other.

    Deb - Time for the shower curtain over the sheets.... Just in case.

    Yolo - And take the fun out of it???

    TJ - I don't think the cornbread is gonna last long enough for pictures.

    Lula - I know!!! And the weather is down in the 60s here today. If that ain't winter, I don't know what is.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated due to spam, drunks and trolls.
Keep 'em civil, coherent, short, and on topic.