Pages


Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Fun fun fun

I went out the other day and checked out Debbie and Willie's property for their coyote problem. I was hoping to give my hot-rod 22-250 a work-out, but their landlord had come in and taken out a few acres of walnut trees which exposed a few ranch houses about a quarter mile away, so that put an end to that.
But in my favor, he piled up those trees in 3 huge piles up at the top of the property, so there's that for cover with a nicely sloping field of about 150 yards down to the creek with no obstructions.
Debbie said there's a pack of at least 6 coming from downriver and when I was down there poking around I saw a shitload of tracks, at least one of them belonging to a huge coyote.
So it looks like it's going to be shotgun work. I figure to set up at one of those tree piles with Pops downslope at my 10 o'clock, about halfway to the creek. I'll do the calling and give Pops the first shot. If there's 2 or more coming, I'll take the coyote to the right.
We're going out Thursday evening, hopefully get a couple, then come back the week following and clean it up some more.
What's really cool about this is that it's 20 minutes from my house. I can eat dinner, go thump some coyotes and be back in time to watch Les Johnson do the same on Predator Quest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated due to spam, drunks and trolls.
Keep 'em civil, coherent, short, and on topic.