Pages


Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Koran burning

Okay, let me get this out of the way before a shitload of muslims show up at my house burning bibles or Mikey starts spouting off again.
I personally think that the Pastor is a fucking idiot and yeah, he's going to inflame hatred from the muslims to us regular folks.
I find it offensive that he's going to burn korans for a couple of reasons.
First, you gotta understand that I grew up (for the most part) in Germany where Pops was stationed in the 60s and 70s. World War II wasn't that far in the past - 20 years the first time I was there - and for some reason I remember hearing about Hitler burning books. It sticks in my mind. So naturally, I'm think Nazi when I hear book burning.
Okay. Reason number two: It's a fucking book, man. I was brought up to believe that books were things to be respected, no matter what the content. I don't dogear the pages of books, I don't lay them pages down, I don't throw them away and I damned sure don't burn them.
All that said, I support his right to be a fucking idiot.

Am I going to burn my copy of the koran that day?
No.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated due to spam, drunks and trolls.
Keep 'em civil, coherent, short, and on topic.