Pages


Sunday, February 20, 2011

Who's the "Party of No" now?

Not having enough information about the subject (I had shit to do this weekend) I can't say whether I support the governors' proposal or not, but when the democrats just up and fucking leave tells me that it's either their way or no way.
Seems like The Obamessiah was saying not too long ago that everybody has to make sacrifices. I guess the liberals took that to mean everybody but them.
Again, I don't know the whole story but that's the impression I get.

MADISON, Wis. – Gov. Scott Walker predicted Sunday that Wisconsin would lead states across the country in weakening unions that have negotiated compensation packages taxpayers can no longer afford while his opponents rallied for a sixth day in the Capitol in an attempt to avoid that fate.
Democratic lawmakers, union leaders and rank-and-file teachers and firefighters called on Walker to back off his plan to eliminate most collective bargaining rights for public employees. They argued the unions had already agreed to cuts in their health care and retirement benefits that could reduce take-home pay for many workers by about 8 percent, and it was time for the Republican governor to compromise

3 comments:

  1. I've always wondered why the politicians are always looking for cuts everywhere but in their own salaries and those "specials" that they allot themselves...

    ReplyDelete
  2. considering i am from Madison WI , i am going to distance myself from dumbass uninformed remarks, EXCEPT to say, ...if things were on the up and up, it wouldnt be done behind the peoples' backs! This is about taking away ALL bargaining rights, for total control. MANY, many indepth issues going on with this whole situation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yolo, nothing and I mean NOTHING political is done on the up and up.
    I did say that I'm not informed on the situation and chances are it will not affect me one iota. No way in hell is Jerry Brown going to do the same here in Kalifornia and by the time we get a Republican back in office, I'll be gone.
    Still love me kinda sorta?

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated due to spam, drunks and trolls.
Keep 'em civil, coherent, short, and on topic.