Pages


Saturday, August 27, 2011

Get your copy of the Constitution here

I read a LOT of blogs. Right Wing blogs. That being said, a common theme seems to be that the "leaders" of our Nation are ignoring the Constitution and Bill of Rights. While I don't disagree with that even a little bit, it raised a question in my mind:
How many people actually own a copy of them? And if you do, how often do you refer to it?
Hey, I'm not criticizing anybody here - we're all somewhat familiar with these documents, having studied them in high school and/or college - but how many folks have the means on hand to refresh their memories?
Let me put it this way: If you can't list and describe the first Ten Amendments, your memory needs a little help.
You can get this refresher by contacting the Heritage Foundation at www.heritage.org or call (800) 546-2843 and ordering your very own pocket sized copy of the Constitution and Bill of Rights. Hit the Bookstore link to find it. Not only can can you get your own copy, but you'll get 9 more to give to friends, mail to the White House, whatever, and it'll only cost 10 bucks for a packet of 10 copies.
An added bonus is that when you do so, you'll probably be placed on a government terrorist watch list.

6 comments:

  1. I did that a while back, and passed out the extra copies to friends of mine. I even keep a couple of copies in my desk at work (we're all "right"-thinking people!) in case a discussion comes up, and we need a reference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom and I snagged copies from the Foundation a couple of years ago or something like that. They're good copies, easy to read and stick in a back pocket if you want to take 'em with you.

    All I'd like to add is that readers with smartphones can get free apps for their devices. This isn't going to do ya a dang bit of good without electricity to keep the battery charged, yeah, but it's convenient when technology's working for us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have had the *Pocket Constitution* for a long time, still have maybe a hundred or so and I hand em out too...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you, Fred!
    We need people to get back to our fundamentals, and getting them to read and understand our Constitution is extremely important.
    Thanks for doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's for posts like this one that I follow your blog...nice! some of your other posts make me laugh, and some make me wonder...so it's all good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;"

    For starters.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated due to spam, drunks and trolls.
Keep 'em civil, coherent, short, and on topic.