Pages


Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Lesson learned?

Yeah, so I'm cruising down the freeway this morning right about coyote dawn on my way to work and I see this motherfucker on the other side of the freeway waving his arms, obviously trying to signal traffic. When I get up opposite him I can see he's dropped a ladder off his truck and it's laying lengthwise across the #1 (fast) lane.
Traffic ain't that heavy on that side, maybe a car every hundred yards, but every fucking one of them hit that ladder. Every one. I can almost understand the first car hitting it as he's texting and driving, but by the time I got out of range there were 9-10 cars pulled over, brake lights and emergency blinkers everywhere and motherfuckers were still piling in to it. You'd have figured that somebody would figure out that something was going on that might warrant their attention. Now it was light enough that I could see across the median so I know that silver ladder could be seen in the road and there was enough distance between cars that it could be avoided no matter how much it was flying around.
Kalifornia can pass laws against driving and texting but all the tickets in the world won't teach a lesson like that just did.

5 comments:

  1. "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's because 95% of the driver anymore have their head up their fucking dumb asses while driving 100 MPH. Makes no difference where you live though,but Kalifornia might be a bit worse from what I see and hear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kalifornia, every man for himself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to know some things in Kalifornia haven't changed in the 15 years since I left the state and moved back to the Midwest...

    Of course, back then you were more likely to see someone reading a newspaper as they rolled up the freeway than to see someone texting...

    ReplyDelete
  5. You drop a ladder (or something similar) off your truck, YOU KEEP GOING. You don't try to retrieve it. Now that fucker is on the hook for a shitload of fucked up cars. What a dumbass.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated due to spam, drunks and trolls.
Keep 'em civil, coherent, short, and on topic.