Saturday, December 08, 2012

My "anti' law enforcement posts

Okay, time for me to clear a few things up seeing as I'm pissing more than a few people up with my "anti" law enforcement posts.

First off, I want to say that I am a law abiding citizen. Not because I'm afraid of going to prison but because I treat others with courtesy and respect. I respect other people's Rights to exist and other people's property. I obey traffic laws because they are there for a reason.
I have no felony convictions (or arrests), I have never been to prison and the only jail time I have ever served was the mandatory 2 days for a DUI 31 years ago and the 13 days I served because I couldn't afford to pay the fine for the same conviction, which incidentally I pled guilty to because I was, well, guilty as hell, realized it and was willing to accept the consequences.
I have had 3 tickets in my entire life, one for speeding and 2 for seatbelts and none within the last 20 years. I do not drink nor use drugs any longer, although I don't care if you do. It's a personal choice for me.
So no, I am not a bitter ex-convict with an axe to grind. As a matter of fact, I've probably got a cleaner record than most housewives out there.

So why all the negative posts on police agencies? Because I'm seeing more and more of their abuses in the MSM. You know it's getting fucking bad when the MSM is reporting them and recognizing the threats.
Another reason is because of their militarization and growing disregard of American Rights, as well as some of them, particularly the federal agencies, being unconstitutional. How in the fuck is DHS and the BATF and FBI constitutional? The FBI investigates federal crimes but violates our Rights by doing their jobs. BATF exists for one reason and one reason only - to violate our Rights. The same thing goes for DHS and TSA. The IRS exists for one reason only - to strongarm us out of our earnings.
The only federal agencies that I can tell that are Constitutional is Customs and to a certain extent, the Border Patrol as long as they keep their asses on the border and not setting up checkpoints and doing searches without a warrant or probable cause 100 miles away from the borders.
I can go on and on about federal agencies but this post is already too long.

As far as local police agencies go, what I see is a desire to stop crime - no matter what the cost is to non-criminals. Do they really expect to do that and have the support of all of the people they're fucking over? Sorry, you infringe on my freedom and I'm going to be resentful. For example: a DUI checkpoint. You stop and interrogate me in order to take drunks off the road. I know, it's only for a few seconds but still, you're chipping away at my Rights. Yeah, I know, how childish of me to be angry over that.
One of the main things I have against most police forces is their militarization with their dress, weapons, tactics and equipment. The police force in Modesto, I swear to God, think they're some sort of elite force. All it does is make them look like a bunch of fucking idiots when they're driving around in their patrol cars in a city of 200,000 while dressed in desert camo. Camo in an urban environment? If they want to look like soldiers, why didn't they either join or stay in the military? Because they might actually get shot at or have a job that's as dangerous as they seem to think theirs is?
They bemoan the fact that people have less and less respect for them anymore. Do you think that it's because of the way they dress? Folks for the most part are brought up to respect police officers but when they're all camo'ed out they look like soldiers, not policemen. You cooperate with cops, you resist occupying troops.
As I said in the comments of a post earlier today, I do believe that most policemen join the force because they honestly want to serve and protect but because they end up dealing with the dregs of society they become jaded and start believing that there are only two types of people - victims or perpetrators. They forget that the huge majority of the population are simply honest, law abiding citizens that want nothing more than to be left alone - by the criminals and the police.
You think I'm full of shit? Try telling a cop no sometime and watch them get all bent out of shape because you questioned their authority. The next time a cop pulls you over for a ticket and he asks you where you're going or coming from, tell him sorry, but you don't give personal information to strangers and watch his reaction. The fact of the matter is, if he pulled you over for speeding, it's none of his fucking business where you've been or where you're going to. He has all the information he needs in his hands (assuming you're law abiding and have your license, insurance and registration up to date) to write your ticket. He has no reason to know your business. His reaction will be to tell you that he's investigating a crime that involved a vehicle that looks just like yours and if you don't tell him, you will be arrested for obstructing an investigation.
(I worked nights for many years getting off at 2 AM and my route home put me in downtown Modesto right at 3 AM and I got pulled over every Friday night by the same cop for a month and was told the same thing every time until I went to his watch commander and told him that I was tired of that shit and will be recording and documenting every stop from then on. Funny thing, but crimes involving 1964 Chevy trucks on Friday nights mysteriously stopped after that.)

All that being said, I have had no problems with the police in the town where I live as I stated in an earlier post. Nor have I had any problems with the California Highway Patrol who issued me every ticket I've ever received. Even though I got well deserved tickets, I was treated with respect and courtesy and an attitude like that guarantees that I will be respectful and courteous to the next CHP that pulls me over.
You get what you give.