Pages


Sunday, February 10, 2013

Bowie kinves

I'm in the market for a large (14" blade or longer) Bowie knife or Arkansas Toothpick as a wall hanger for my War Room. I want it to be somewhat authentic looking, it has to have a full tang and an older style looking sheath. I need to keep the cost under $100, too. Like I said, I want it to be a decent replica so I'm not interested in finger grooves, a cutlass style handle or a sawtooth feature on the back of the blade.
Does anybody have any ideas?

5 comments:

  1. Backwoods Magazine has an advertisment from a dealer of antique and collectable knives in every issue I've seen. Not at all expensive either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1850 Coffin Handle from Atlanta Cutlery. (they also have a half-dozen other Bowie patterns, but this one is my personal favorite).

    ReplyDelete
  3. BudK has some pretty nice looking ones along with their usual crap stuff. I kind of like the 14 1/2 inch blade stainless Gil Hibben for $95.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Windlass Steelcrafts I believe is name of that Atlanta Cutlery supplier. Good looking WALL HANGER is an apt description.

    Rick

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't bought one of these, but like their looks. http://www.edmfknives.com/page2.html

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated due to spam, drunks and trolls.
Keep 'em civil, coherent, short, and on topic.