Pages


Tuesday, June 02, 2020

One last cast.....

TULSA, Okla. (KFOR) – A man can now call himself a state record holder after snagging a paddlefish that weighed more than 140 pounds last week!

On May 23, Jeremiah Mefford, of Kiefer, was enjoying some family time at Keystone Lake when as they were leaving, he decided to cast one more time.

Little did he know, he’d be breaking a state record.
MORE

*****

I caught my first BAT (Big Ass Trout) on my last cast of the day fishing at the Kaiserslautern Rod and Gun Club lakes when I was 13. Dad was trying to get me to quit so we could go home, so I told him "One last cast" and flipped my lure out and immediately laid into a 5.5 pound rainbow.
I've got quite a few since then, but I'll never forget the first one.


9 comments:

  1. Damn, nice trout ! We don't have opportunities for those in south Texas. I hear they make pretty good eating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hansom young man you were.

    joe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh c'mon! So what did your dad say?? I see he took a picture at least - if it were my dad something had to be pretty big for him to 'waste' the film. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ach du lieber! Nice fish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kaiserslautern, now there's a name I haven't heard in a long time, a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "One last cast" for me is about an hour

    ReplyDelete
  7. waaaaiiiit just a minute.....where's the gap in your teeth???

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated due to spam, drunks and trolls.
Keep 'em civil, coherent, short, and on topic.