Pages


Monday, November 17, 2008

I'm back!!!!!

Wow, you wanna talk about service!
My computer went down a couple of weeks ago (wouldn't go online) and I called my internet provider to find out what was going on. They kept me on hold for about 30 minutes, but spent over an hour on the phone with me trying to figure out the problem. After troubleshooting the modem first and then the computer they determined that it was in fact the computer so they gave me the number to HP.
I called HP and was immediately connected to tech support and spent 2 1/2 HOURS with the guy trying to figure it out. By the time all was said and done he had talked me through removing several boards and my machine was laying all over my reloading table in about a million pieces. But there was nothing more he could do for me, so I had to send it in and should have it back within 10 days. Yeah, you bet.
Here's where it gets good:
They mailed me a box to send it back in. I got that 2 days after I talked to HP. It was the following Monday before I could get it sent off, and HP had arranged to have it picked up at my house by FedEx. I sent it off Monday. I got home from work Friday and there was a tag on my door from FedEx saying they had tried to make the delivery but nobody was home and the next attempt would be Monday. No shit, I got it back this morning. It was gone a total of 5 days!!!!
HP installed a new system board, heatsink fan, and provided me with a new power cord. The best part of the deal? My total cost was $0.00! They even paid shipping.....

Thanks for checking back. I'll post some stuff a little later but right now I have bills to pay and 257 emails to wade through.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see that you are back, buddy! As you must have notice, I was one of the few that took heed to your email and DIDN'T write to you until you said that you were back.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated due to spam, drunks and trolls.
Keep 'em civil, coherent, short, and on topic.