Pages


Sunday, November 30, 2008

re: Comment on Farming fuck ups

I got the comment below from Mr Ride Fast at http://ridenshoot.blogspot.com/ and decided to add a comment to his and didn't want to bury it.

Wouldn't you love to hear the explanations for how these happened. Wide open county, nothing to run into for miles except the pond and they end up in the pond. How do you not see a high tension power line tower? Sheesh!

I remember a story I read in Louie Boyd's column in the paper a few years ago that somewhere (bear with me here, I'm old and my memory is shot) in the Sahara there is an oasis with a tree. Mind you, this is the only tree within several hundred miles and records show that in the '70s it was hit by a lorry.
WTF?

1 comment:

  1. Wow. My comment elevated to a post. Either I've arrived or you sometimes get as desperate to post as I do. Heh.

    Anyway, I remember that story. After centuries of that tree being a marker for the road some idiot in a truck killed it. Ironic.

    On a similar note, I could only find this small pic online of a
    Biplane in tree, nothing around for miles but this tree and he found it.

    Amazing.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated due to spam, drunks and trolls.
Keep 'em civil, coherent, short, and on topic.