Pages


Thursday, November 27, 2008

What Thanksgiving is to me

It's a day to hit the lakes to catch some big ass trout and not see another living soul.
And that's where I'd be right now if I wasn't so fucking sick. Seriously, my head is so congested it feels like it's going to explode, my throat feels like sandpaper, my nose is running like a faucet (good thing I have a mustache to catch it) and my stomach is so upset that I seriously doubt I'll be able to keep my Thanksgiving BLTs (mmmm, bacon) down.
And I have to work a full shift tomorrow in order to get paid for today.

8 comments:

  1. You poor guy. Thanksgiving should be spent with family and friends. You really don't have anyplace to go, do you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope.
    Like I said, I'm too sick to make an hour drive up to New Melones, much less fish in a 50 degree rainshower.
    But I'll be all right by Sunday, I think.
    Thanks for your concern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry you're sick. I hope you get better by tomorrow-maybe you can fish this weekend?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, LulaBelle.
    I do plan on going this weekend. It's still just a bit early for the big ass trout to come up from the deep water, but what the hell, it doesn't bother me if I don't catch anything.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no! Sick!! Ewww!!

    I hope you feel better tomorrow so you can at least go to work and get paid for today. Working for a living sucks, doesn't it? Gets in the way of fishing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I'm going to work even if I'm on my deathbed. No way in hell am I not going to get a free day's pay from the Company.
    And yes, it does suck having to work for a living. I'm still pissed at my Dad for not being filthy rich.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That just flat out sucks. Hope you feel better soon and get some quality fishing time in.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated due to spam, drunks and trolls.
Keep 'em civil, coherent, short, and on topic.