Okay, I got tagged by LulaBelle http://whatsinalulabelle.blogspot.com/ for this honesty thing. I'm supposed to post 10 things about myself.
1) I am directionally dyslexic - you know, I get lost. A lot. I can get lost in the drive-thru of the local Taco Bell. And I'm hopeless in a hospital. I'll stop in and visit a stranger just so I can sit down for a minute. This a little embarrassing considering my favorite thing to do is camp, fish and hike up in the mountains.
2) I do not own a single pair of shoes, yet I have 6 pairs of boots. Even my work safety shoes are steel toed cowboy boots.
3) I have broken more bones than anybody I know, so many that I myself have lost count. My major breaks were a skull fracture in 1974 in a motorcycle accident, another skull fracture when I went through the windshield of my bud’s car in 1980. Yeah, we were drunk. Then I broke my back in 1980 (that was a bad year) in an asskick.
4) I drink way too much. I was sober for 20 years until I started going through my divorce, then I started back up trying to relax. I don’t drink every day, but when I do I’ll drink until I run out of alcohol or I get so fucked up I have to crash.
5) I don’t trust anybody completely. I’ve been that way as long as I can remember and just about the time I really start to let go and really trust somebody, I get fucked over and around.
6) I have never watched an entire sports game on TV in my life. I have gone to a couple baseball games with friends and while I had a great time when I was there, it isn’t anything I have any desire to follow once I leave the stadium.
7) I absolutely detest dope fiends. I know, I’ve made it no secret that I’ve used drugs before, but that’s just the way I feel. I’m not talking about potheads, I’m talking about addicts - people whose lives are run by their fucking drugs. Maybe it has something to do with the number of family and friends I’ve seen go into the ground over the years.
8) I’ve been known to go days at a time without speaking a word if there wasn’t anything worth saying.
9) I tend to make inappropriate comments at the oddest times. An example: A few years back one of the most liked and respected members of the workforce at my warehouse was killed in a car accident. When I was told of the news, I turned to my Bud Rick and said “All right, we just moved up one in seniority!”
10) Last but not least - Not only do I put the seat down but I also close the lid when I flush.