Pages


Friday, January 09, 2009

Tattoo Jim's guns


Hey Wirecutter!
Thought I'd send a picture of my toy collection. Top left is my Glock 17 9 mm, next is my wife's Glock 17, then my Taurus 24/7 .40 cal. The next row from left is my old reliable S&W model 10 .38 with speed loader, my S&W 422 .22 cal. with red dot, and my Ruger Mark III Hunter .22 cal. also with red dot. The bottom row is my Heritage .22/.22 mag single action and then, big daddy, my Ruger Super Blackhawk .44 mag with Burris scope and Hogue grips. That bad boy blew the first scope to pieces after 6 rounds.
I've had to retire on disability because of back/spine problems so I had to give up my long guns. No more Rock River AR and both of my Henry's, .22 and .44/.44 mag had to go. I can still pick up a handgun though and there's a good range near the house plus my wife, both of her sisters and a niece all love to shoot. Nothing like shootin' with the girls. Most of us have our concealed carry's also. I still believe in the 2nd amendment!
Keep up the site! It adds a lot of fun to my day!
Tattoo Jim
Thanks for the pictures of your nice collection, Jim.
I had to give up long guns too, due to bone spurs in my shoulder. I can handle the push of a shotgun but not the thump of a 30 caliber rifle.
My Dad just bought that Mk III and I gotta say, I like it a lot better than my Mk II. It's got a wonderful balance and is accurate as hell.

2 comments:

  1. I agree on the Mark III. Right out of the box with open sights it's deadly. Put on a red dot and it's my wife's favorite gun. She prefers it to her Glock. That little 422 makes a great plinker, too. I know about the bone spurs, I've got 'em all over my spine along with osteoarthritis and degenerative disc disease and then the shoulder problems on top of that... I'm living on morphine every day. Not how I really wanted to retire. But I do dig this site. You put some of the best stuff on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also have the Ruger Mark III hunter and it doe shoot great, getting it back together after cleaning it is a whole other story though...

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated due to spam, drunks and trolls.
Keep 'em civil, coherent, short, and on topic.