Friday, January 09, 2009

Tattoo Jim's guns


Hey Wirecutter!
Thought I'd send a picture of my toy collection. Top left is my Glock 17 9 mm, next is my wife's Glock 17, then my Taurus 24/7 .40 cal. The next row from left is my old reliable S&W model 10 .38 with speed loader, my S&W 422 .22 cal. with red dot, and my Ruger Mark III Hunter .22 cal. also with red dot. The bottom row is my Heritage .22/.22 mag single action and then, big daddy, my Ruger Super Blackhawk .44 mag with Burris scope and Hogue grips. That bad boy blew the first scope to pieces after 6 rounds.
I've had to retire on disability because of back/spine problems so I had to give up my long guns. No more Rock River AR and both of my Henry's, .22 and .44/.44 mag had to go. I can still pick up a handgun though and there's a good range near the house plus my wife, both of her sisters and a niece all love to shoot. Nothing like shootin' with the girls. Most of us have our concealed carry's also. I still believe in the 2nd amendment!
Keep up the site! It adds a lot of fun to my day!
Tattoo Jim
Thanks for the pictures of your nice collection, Jim.
I had to give up long guns too, due to bone spurs in my shoulder. I can handle the push of a shotgun but not the thump of a 30 caliber rifle.
My Dad just bought that Mk III and I gotta say, I like it a lot better than my Mk II. It's got a wonderful balance and is accurate as hell.