Pages


Friday, May 29, 2009

Yeah. What he said.


"It was true that I didn't have much ambition, but there ought to be a place for people without ambition, I mean a better place than the one usually reserved.
"How in the hell could a man enjoy being awakened at 6:30 a.m. by an alarm clock, leap out of bed, dress, force-feed, shit, piss, brush teeth and hair, and fight traffic to get to a place where essentially you made lots of money for somebody else and were asked to be grateful for the opportunity to do so?"
-- Charles Bukowski - Factotum, 1975
You don't know how much I agree with this right now, Yolo. Thanks for sending it along.

5 comments:

  1. fuckin a right man..thats why i want to be a nomadic biker

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you sit and think about it for too long you'll wind-up suckin' on your Smith and Wesson... there must be a better way... oh yeah, I'm retired!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fuck you, TJ!
    With my ex getting half my pension in the divorce settlement, I'm going to work until one of us drops dead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Better get her a S&W, then send that to her every day... day after day... maybe she'll get the hint...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been reading Bukowski for years!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated due to spam, drunks and trolls.
Keep 'em civil, coherent, short, and on topic.