Pages


Thursday, March 18, 2010

What can I say?

Hey, I know I haven't been posting this week but please bear with me.
I've got a few things going on in my life - a couple that I can't really talk about and a new fucking dog that has been taking up a lot of my time trying to tame down. That past week has been taken up by one thing or another, I haven't even had time to eat a decent supper all week, much less get on the computer. It's 10:15 PM now and I get up at 4:15 AM if that tells you anything.
Hopefully everything (except CharlieGoddammit) will be resolved or at least thought out by Friday.
I'll post a bunch on Saturday, I promise.
Thanks for your patience.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Wirecutter!

    Don't know if this will help with CharlieGoddammit! or not, but anyway...

    A guy who raises "service" dogs told me once that a non-threatening way to show a dog who is boss is to get behind the dog, bend over and place your forearms under the dog's chest and between their front legs, then stand up and lift them off the ground so that their back is to your chest, their head is at about the same level as your head, and all four of their legs are sticking straight out in front of them. This basically leaves the dog helpless (hanging in the air with no way to move), with you "on their back" and "at their throat" (even though you're behind the dog). Then you can use some gruff words, tell the dog YOU are the boss, etc...

    Harder to physically do with a larger dog, but about once or twice a year (when they've been getting into things or just being a pain in the ass) I choose to remind my 75-lb. and 95-lb. pound dogs that I AM THE BOSS!

    Might work for you... couldn't hurt to try, as long as you don't throw out your back!

    Regards,
    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes life gets in the way of our internet time!!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated due to spam, drunks and trolls.
Keep 'em civil, coherent, short, and on topic.