Wednesday, August 25, 2010

New Fucking Neighbors (Pt. II)

So I get home tonight and cook my dinner and lunch for tomorrow and hear some more fucking noise next door.
Heavy sigh. I know I was an asshole last night, but we gotta live next to each other for a couple of years, I might need them to keep an eye on my place and feed CharlieGodammit when coyote shooting picks up, and they might even provide a handy alibi someday.
I knock on their door. Callie pops into view and casts a fearful look for Charlie. Crosses her legs just in case.
"Yes, SIR????"
"Lighten up, dammit. My name's Kenny. Sorry 'bout last night. I made you young folks dinner. Here."
"Dinner? Did you spit in it?"
Damn, I like this girl more and more.......
"Naw, fuck no. It's pork chops cooked in mushroom and celery soup. Kicks ass over smashed taters. Which I have thoughtfully included by the way."
"Why are you being nice?"
'Cause I might need something from you later? "Because I'm sorry. I just figured that with y'all working late, you ain't got time to make dinner. I got extra."
She takes the platter, plates, and silverware. "Well, maybe I was too harsh in judging you. Thank you."
I started down the porch and heard her tell her young fella, "Look Josh, that asshole neighbor brought us dinner!"
Josh answered "Did the motherfucker spit in it?"
I think were gonna get along just fine.......