Pages


Monday, September 13, 2010

CharlieGodammit update

No, I didn't get CGD cut today. I called and the quickest they could do it was in 3 weeks. I told them I'd call back.
Okay, here's the story about him getting rolled by a cop car.
I had just came in from errands and noticed that my porch plants needed watering so I opened up the back door and window for a cross breeze, filled my watering jug and commenced to watering. I truly thought the front security door was latched but it wasn't. I saw CharlieGodammit out of the corner of my eye as he was slinking off the porch and hollered at him which is basically a green light for him and he hauled ass. Right into the street. Right in front of a cop car. I heard a screech, saw CGD go rolling, and I about fucking died on the spot.
Okay, I knew shit was going get tight so I unholstered and flipped my 45 on the couch (no sense in picking up extra charges, right?) and ran out. By the time I got off the porch CGD was up and on top of the hood of the cop car daring him to open the fucking door. He was pissed and wanted to know how big a boy that cop thought he was.
I started hollering "Don't shoot my dog, Don't shoot him! Let me get him."
The cop rolls down his window and says "Don't worry, Kenny. It's all good. But he's bleeding so hurry up."
Fuck me running. He used to live next door where my pyscho neighbor lives now. I can remember when this kid graduated from the police academy. Who says there ain't a God?
Mick offered to run him to the vet but I ended up taking him in.
Anyways. Charlie bit his tongue, 4 stitches, had no broken bones and nobody got shot. And I'm out $275 for an emergency vet bill.
And he's a bit sore today. I can understand that - I been run over before too.

3 comments:

  1. You sound like you're such a tough mutherfucker, ya know! You be a marshmallow... You be lovin' your CGD. ;) Marshmallow over a campfire: Hard and crusty on the outside, soft and gooey on the inside. I ain't telling anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad your pooch is doing good. After the cop car and trip to the vet, I would have been cranky too. I'm glad you decided to cut him a little slack over the growling/snarling issue...

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, I was offline a few days and I come back and read this! WHAT A SCARE you had, WC, but God Bless Charlie & You, it could have been much worse.

    I hope Charlie is doing well, and he's not in pain. Poor Baby, I would have been frantic. Take it easy and give Charlie extra ear rubs.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated due to spam, drunks and trolls.
Keep 'em civil, coherent, short, and on topic.