Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Hog heaven

I don't eat chocolate at all and damned little sugar. As a matter of fact there is no white sugar whatsoever in my house - can't remember the last time I bought some - and the only brown sugar I have is for making barbecue sauces and shit like that.
It's not that I'm a health nut, it's just that I don't have a sweet tooth. Chocolate runs right through me and sodas are so sickening sweet they almost gag me. I'll eat a slice of cake or pie on the holidays but that's just about it.
My special treats are avocados. I love them motherfuckers chunked into a bowl, covered in cottage cheese and lightly salted and peppered. At times, depending on the season, I just can't afford them especially when they're running 2 bucks apiece.
Today I was at the Savemart and saw a display of large avocados for that price. Then I walked around to the other side and there were Haas avocados at 2 for a dollar and I'll be damned if they weren't the same size!
So here I sit, burpin' and fartin', after finishing off a nice bowl of creamy avocados and cottage cheese. It almost makes up for the fucked up way my day started.