Thursday, October 14, 2010

Woo-hoo, it must be a record!

It's been 2 weeks today since I've been to a funeral.
Goddamn, lately it seems like I spend more time in a fucking graveyard than I do at home. You know it's pretty fucking bad when a Funeral Home Representative sees you at a funeral and makes it a point to ask how you're doing this time.
My previous record was 3 funerals in 3 months (back in the bad ol' days when we were trying to kill ourselves off) but I believe I've broken that.
Granny Elsie - July 27th
Terri Sterner- September 20th
Grandpa Bud - September 30th
I've buried 3 in a little more than 2 months.
The difference being of course, these 3 folks all died of natural causes. Not a one of them was gunshot or killed in a car accident.
Fuck, I feel so goddamned old lately........