Pages


Saturday, November 20, 2010

Crash and burn? I hope not....

You know, there's a lot of things that we promise ourselves that we never do, but one of my biggest regrets in life is that I never learned to fly.
Sonofabitch, it seemed like something so easy to do. I mean, there are kids that were to young to drive cars but they have their pilots' license.
Right about the time I decided to learn to fly, all the schools here in the valley shut down due to the recession.
Them that know me call this Lane Luck.
Now I would be content to be at the controls of a plane for a few minutes. I mean, I can crash a plane without any training whatsoever, but to actually control an aircraft?
Some day......

2 comments:

  1. I had a third class license back in the late 70s. I flew in a Cessna 150 off the grass strip where I learned to fly. As an odd thing, my future wife's older brother was learning to fly at the same time at another airport about ten miles away. Likely couldn't afford it now even though there is a training club on the arsenal where I work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not touched a stick or taught a student in years so I can't help you.

    However, you might check out Columbia Airport. I think they still have an FBO that does flight training. Hell we used to do an "Intro" flight, sort of a 30-40 minute quick almost lesson where I taught for $50

    Check it out.

    Ted

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated due to spam, drunks and trolls.
Keep 'em civil, coherent, short, and on topic.