Pages


Tuesday, November 16, 2010

My hero





































Elmer Keith - Cowboy, Guide, Big game hunter, Expert marksman, Designer of the 357, 41 and 44 magnums, and Godfather of modern reloading.
I cannot say enough about what this man contributed to the world of shooting and firearms. If you want to read his story in his words, find a copy of "Hell, I Was There" and Sixguns".
If there was one man that I could fashion my life after it would be Mr. Keith with Col. Jeff Cooper (USMC Ret.) running a very close second.
Both are deceased now but their legends will live on.

2 comments:

  1. Another to the list has to be Walter R. Walsh, still kickin' at 103.
    [November issue of American Rifleman].

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cooper was really quite a guy. I've got most of his books, and they're excellent reading.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated due to spam, drunks and trolls.
Keep 'em civil, coherent, short, and on topic.