Pages


Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Just sayin'

It's been 3 or 4 weeks since I got pissed and cancelled my TV service.
Folks, it's the best thing I've ever done.
I've subscribed to Netflix for when I need a TV fix, but I'm finding that I spend more time outside of the house, reading, and up in the hills where I belong and I'm getting more rest because I'm not staying up to watch shit I really don't want to watch anyways.
I wouldn't recommend it to those that are married or with kids but for you single guys and ladies..... keep a log of how much TV you actually watch vs how much time you have the TV on for noise.
Hey, I was paying $68 a month for DirecTV. Now I'm paying 10 bucks a month for Netflix. HULU TV is another $7 a month for TV programming via internet. If you have one of those high-speed internet-ready TVs........

1 comment:

  1. About 16 months ago, when they raised Basic cable rates to $55/mo., I called and ordered Basic 1 for $15/mo. They filter out everything other than 2-23 and 96-98. I get all local broadcast stations, A&E, AMC, Weather Channel, TBS, Lifetime, TLC and couple others I'm too drunk to remember right now. Takes less time to figure out there's nothing on and turn the DVD on or like you said read, sleep or waste time on 'puter. Ain't nothing on worth $55, that's for fucking sure.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated due to spam, drunks and trolls.
Keep 'em civil, coherent, short, and on topic.