Pages


Friday, February 11, 2011

Chicken nuggets? Yum!

Say hello to mechanically separated chicken. It’s what all fast-food chicken is made from—things like chicken nuggets and patties. Also, the processed frozen chicken in the stores is made from it.
Basically, the entire chicken is smashed and pressed through a sieve—bones, eyes, guts, and all. it comes out looking like this.
There’s more: because it’s crawling with bacteria, it will be washed with ammonia, soaked in it, actually. Then, because it tastes gross, it will be reflavored artificially. Then, because it is weirdly pink, it will be dyed with artificial color.
But, hey, at least it tastes good, right?
High five, America!

You can thank Yolo for this gem.
I'm glad I'm too godammed poor to eat that shit.

7 comments:

  1. That which does not kill me makes me stronger!!! But it kind of looks like machine poop, doesn't it???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wirecutter, I don't WANT to know what's in a lot of the foods I eat... I just enjoy them. Sausage, for example... (You know what they say about ignorance being bliss!)

    Gotta admit, though... I've wondered how all the fast food places have been able to serve "white meat" chicken strips / nuggets / etc... I think I now know the answer to that one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang it Yolo, you really know how to screw up a good thing!!! I have cluelessly fed chicken nuggets to my grandkids since I have been with them, with little cost and no regrets. Now I can't do it and will actually have to spend money to take them some place that serves real chicken.

    Seriously, thanks for the heads up. YUK!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know, that shit's nasty. I wasn't so much the guts and eyeballs that got to me, it was the ammonia.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't eat that shit! It'll kill ya.

    Whatever happened to a fresh loaf of bread cooking in the oven, remember that smell, and veggies and meat. Being from the north, I eat a lot of wild meat. Elk, Deer, Moose, and fish too. Oh ya, some mashed tatties and gravy. :)
    If I could find one of those wild pigs that you have down there, I'd eat that too.

    All natural compared to soaked in fucken Ammonia to kill the bacteria...wtf?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I didn't see ^^^ previous comments. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  7. YUM YUM YUM!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuIkr0df4-0

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated due to spam, drunks and trolls.
Keep 'em civil, coherent, short, and on topic.