Pages


Thursday, February 17, 2011

Damn, I'm excited!

I got a new CD in the mail today, "Lovesick, Broke & Driftin'" by Hank WIlliams III.
Damn, Hank III sounds just like his granddaddy and except for the tattoos and long hair, he looks like him too.
Take a listen at him here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uxaf9IfTKDU&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VoU5kmqasY

I first saw him on "The Wild & Wonderful Whites of West Virginia", a documentary on Jesco Whites' family (Straight up White Trash, God bless 'em all) and was shocked on the resemblance between him and Hank Sr.
So the other day I went to http://www.half.com/ and picked up a CD for a couple of bucks and played it while I did housework and danced around the house.
Hank III plays Hank Sr type of music but he also plays what he describes as "hellbilly" and punk country. Not sure if I'll enjoy the punk shit but it sounds like the hellbilly I've seen on youtube is right up my alley.

By the way, if you get a chance check out the Jesco White documentary that I mentioned. It kicks ass. It's available on Netflicks, both streaming video and DVD.
Have lots of beer on hand.........

8 comments:

  1. I got that CD last week, and it is great! He does sound more like his grandpappy than his pappy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I KNOW!!!!!!
    It's fucking uncanny. I swear, if I didn't know better I'd swear it was Ol' Hank himself I was listening to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HankIII?

    Fuck, I never even knew.

    Well, if he sounds like his grandaddy, that's a good thing.

    Country really ain't country these days...cept for the women, sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for reminding me about this guy. My dad introduced my to Hank Sr., Always have been into Hank Jr. Be listening to 3's you tube stuff all night.

    Now three makes it III.

    Whiskey bent, and Hell bound in the Green Mountains.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Green Mountain, I've orderd a couple more CDs of his stuff. Hit my contact button, send me your address and I'll burn you copies of his stuff.
    -KennyLane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cbullit, this is some serious redneck shit.
    Again, send me your address and you'll get copies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Saw H111 in Baltimore about 8-9 years ago. He did an incredible show in cowboy hat and rolled up sleeves sounding like H1.

    Then he paused, told the crowd he was gonna take a 20 minute break and if they didn't like Punk get the fuck out.

    He came back in a sleeveless shirt with his hair down to his ass.

    And did another great show.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i fuckin love hank 3 been into him for about 2-3 years now i really love the old country songs he sings when he performs on the grand ol opry he wear his grand daddys suit i got to see him play in ft worth a couple years back that was one of the bloodiest rock shows i have ever been to they played for 3 hours straight we hwere standing outside the bar after the show and people where comin out with broken bloody noses missing piercings rip clothes ect..it was great

    that man can do more dope than kieth richards and nikki sixx combined


    hellybilly for life man!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated due to spam, drunks and trolls.
Keep 'em civil, coherent, short, and on topic.