Pages


Sunday, March 06, 2011

Keeping them busy

You wanna know an easy way to keep a dog busy and out from underfoot for a couple of hours?
Take a cup full of Ranch salad dressing, give him a nice sniff and a small taste, then fling it in a sweeping motion across the back yard. That dog will not quit until it's all cleaned up. Hey, 3 cups keeps CharlieGodammit busy all day. I go through a lot of Ranch sometimes......
So I'm thinking that using warmed honey (to make it easier to scatter) would work equally well for toddlers too. Of course you couldn't do both dogs and munchkins at the same time or fights might erupt - and we all know how expensive vet bills can be - but maybe in different yards?
Of course, scrubbing the dirt and ants and twigs of Juniors' face might be somewhat of a bitch.
Never mind.

5 comments:

  1. Naw, just give them a can of shaving cream when they are done with the honey and rinse it with the water hose. Honey is not reccomended for children under 2 however. You would have to use syrup for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn. I wish I read this when my son was little. Wait. I bet it would still work now that he's 23.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does it give them the trots? I don't want either of them back in the house, if they get the trots.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, I don't believe it does, Bella. At least CGD doesn't show it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And it won't hurt ankle biters to stay outdoors for a night or two.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated due to spam, drunks and trolls.
Keep 'em civil, coherent, short, and on topic.