Pages


Wednesday, March 30, 2011

My day

Man, I'm 8 1/2 hours into a 10 hour shift and I get a voice mail from my niece, all fucking hysterical and I can't understand a word she's screaming. I call her and got the same shit so I went and pulled my boss out of a meeting with his boss and told him I had a family emergency and was outta there.
The only thing I could think of was that something had happened to Mom or Pops and could barely keep my speed down to an unticketable level for the 45 minute ride back to Modesto.
The emergency? Her (21 years old) and her brother (19 years old) got into an argument, he called her a bitch so she slapped him and he nutted up and punched a hole in his wall.
Seriously. That was it.
By that time Mom was home and wanted to talk it out between the 4 of us. I told her to let me handle it and sent my nephew to his room and my niece to hers.
Basically what you have are 2 youngsters that are unemployed, living with the folks that raised them (my sister died back in '97) and in each others' face 24/7 and frustrated with life and each other. Hell, I can see both of their points.
I talked to KP and told him to NEVER talk to a woman that way no matter what she said or did, then I talked to Audrey and told to NEVER touch a man in anger no matter what he said or did and I explained to both of them why. Fuck it, if you're pissed, go for a drive. Go kill a coyote or something - both of them looked at me kinda weird at that one -  told them that punching each others' buttons was wrong and allowing your button to be punched was just as fucked up.
All in all I was there a couple of hours trying to smooth things over and calm shit down. Basically what happened was KP was going to crash at a partners' house for a couple of days and let things blow over. Audrey was going to her girlfriends' house for a couple of days
And I'm driving home feeling all proud of myself when a fucked up thought crossed my mind.....
Who in the hell would've thought I would ever be the voice of reason?

4 comments:

  1. Hey, we all get weird when we get older!
    We've all been through too much self-inflicted shit ourselves by this time in life, and if you can save a family member some grief by explaining things to them, good for you.
    Course if they don't listen to you, and keep that shit going, THEN smack 'em good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should've invited both of them over to my house and let them fight it out in the backyard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, and film it and post it on YouTube!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated due to spam, drunks and trolls.
Keep 'em civil, coherent, short, and on topic.