Pages


Sunday, March 27, 2011

NATO to assume control over Libya

I'm reading here and there that very shortly the US is going to hand over Operation Bootinyernuts to NATO and we're going to be pretty much done with it.
Excuse me? That sounds all well and good except that the US forces in Europe pretty much are NATO. Hell, I can tell you from experience that at least in West Germany in the 70s and 80s, the US Army and Air Force had a stronger military presence than Germany herself did. It wasn't German aircraft taking off from Rhein Main or Sembach or Spangdalem or Ramstein for CAPs. It wasn't German troops that spent the winters out in the field. It wasn't German forces that went on alert once a month or more. It was NATO (interpet that US) troops.
Now I know there was a big drawdown of troops once the Cold War ended - matter of fact, the kaserne that I was stationed at for 3 wonderful years is now an industrial park - but you can't tell me that the German forces are the main players there now.
So we're going to hand over the reins to NATO. Big fucking deal. I can doubledamn guarantee you that we'll still be flying as many missions then as we are now. Maybe even more because you know that France will find a way to surrender or just quit and somebody will have to take up their slack.
Word games, Obama. Word games.
Fuck you.

5 comments:

  1. Canada is sending over troops too Kenny, but it'll take them two Newfies rowing in d'at boat about 2 wks or so. They're tough buggers but pulling them two tandem floats behind them with the rest of the fella's always tuckers them out. I could go on, but I won't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ken, if you want the classified brief come up on our secret squirrel comm line...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bella,
    I just love your accent, it sounds just like the Acadians(coonasses) down here in the bayou country! we hunt da pooldoo in da pirouge down da bayou, qouyeah!(msp)Wait, do I catch a hint of a YOOPER? Have you turned Kenny on to the "Thirty Point Buck"?
    BTW, my offer is still open but your window is closing fast, hurry up girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S.,I got a M-40 (new) pro-mask that you might need when SWAT comes to get you and you can give them the suprise they've been waitin for but ain't been able to get... whattya think?
    Send memorial donations to: Kenny Lane Memorial Fund,6471 Fondulnutt St., Bummfuk, Oklahoma BR5459...

    ReplyDelete
  5. dhanna59, where ya live boy? I think me and nutjob have got to do some asskicking... ;) I haven't got my passport, yet.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated due to spam, drunks and trolls.
Keep 'em civil, coherent, short, and on topic.