Pages


Friday, April 08, 2011

My own memorial to Cousin Kenny

Spent the evening fishing for cats and remembering Cousin Kenny down on the Toulumne at his favorite spot or as near as I could get to it considering the floods.
I can't afford to make his memorial service tomorrow down in Louisiana but me and CharlieGodammit held our own and somehow I think he'd understand.
I smoked some of that dope and drank some Granddad in the company of a fine dog and I'd swear I heard his laugh in the rushing of the waters.
Kinda sorta reminded me of times past and wasn't that what it was all about anyways, you outlaw motherfucker?
Lots of memories, more than a few tears and no damned fish.
Bo, I owe you more than I can ever repay.
Fuck the Feds.
Sonofabitch, man......

5 comments:

  1. Sorry for you're loss Kenny, meant to say something the other day but got sidetracked.

    I think your ceremony with Charliegoddammit was probably better than going to LA.

    Memories are usually better than reality. Some you want to keep that way.

    Be well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sorry for your loss Ken. Funerals to me are just a sad family reunion.My sis died 31 years ago and it still tears me up.Seems like yesturday.Hope you and CGD are well.On a happier note,is there anything better(besides bacon) than a bottle of good ol' Grand Dad? Whiney little bitch turned me on to that stuff. Prefer its barrel taste and smell over any other bourbon.Anyway peace to you and CGD.Remember,Schultz's house 4/15.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you covered the situation the way it should have been done Ken... if the tables were turned, he'd have done the same thing for you, man.... and that's what it's really all about....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I meant to say something too Kenny. My thoughts are with you and Kenny and I'll tip a few for you tonight. Cheers, Mate. Sorry to hear this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You and I already took care of the condolensces, you took care of your closure. OK then, Boots and Saddles 0530, dry powder n'shot, jerky and oats,7 days, mulemeat after that. Write your last letters home tonite, won't get another chance...

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated due to spam, drunks and trolls.
Keep 'em civil, coherent, short, and on topic.