Sunday, June 19, 2011

Annoucing Private Kirk Lane, United States Army

I went over to my folk's house today to tell Pops that I loved and appreciated him for his devotion to me and my siblings and got a hell of a pleasant surprise.
Now my sister died back in '97 and my folks took on the responsibility of raising my 2 nieces and my nephew.
Don't get me wrong, now. I love all 3 of them kids, but my nephew has been pissing me off BAD lately. He's 20 now, yet had no ambition whatsover. He still lives with his grandparents but wasn't looking for a job. He was perfectly content to sleep in 'til noon, party with his buds all night and play guitar. Now, Pops didn't put up with that shit when I was his age (I got woke up on my 18th bithday with a warning to have a job that day or git gone, my choice) but he's mellowed/rotted with age and he's been been putting up with KPs' irresponsibility. Not only that, but he's been making excuses for him.
Which pissed me off to no end.
So I sat down with KP a few months ago and told him to get his shit together, find a fucking job and quit being a burden on my folks, and yeah, I was kinda sorta blunt about it. His eyeballs were bugging out from the lack of oxygen by the time I was done.
I even suggested joining the military like me, his uncles and his Grandpa did but his reply was "That just isn't me Uncle Ken and please, I can't breathe."
Fucking pussy.

So today I go over and KP met me at the door and told me right away that he'd enlisted in the Army. Not only dd he enlist but he went 11 Bravo AND Regular Army.
I shook his hand, brought him in for a man-hug and congratulated him.
Fucking A, Brother. Ya done good.

It's weird how I can go from being pissed at him to incredibly proud of him overnight, huh?