Mrs. Obama is a real style icon, but the very real and practical strategies she uses to look good as First Lady are the same tips all moms can use. She has the same insecurities and concerns about how she looks as we do, but if we follow her five solid tips for looking good and feeling good, we too can shine in our own skin.
Here’s her advice:
- Mix it up. Michelle says she likes to support all kinds of designers — we’ve seen her wear dresses from Target one day, then a designer frock the next. We like the variety!
- Wear what you love. This is an easy one!
- Be practical about what you wear. Mrs. O says she checks the weather and her schedule before deciding on an outfit. If she’s playing in the grass with kids, she’s probably not going to choose a skirt or a revealing top.
- The perfect shirt is critical. Make sure you can move and feel good in one investment blouse.
- Don’t obsess about your clothes, be practical about them, and make the people around you your focus. This was what Michelle harped on the most. Seems like being comfortable is the most important part about being stylish. A great outfit allows us to be ourselves and to focus on the important things; a terrible one makes us worry if our stomach rolls are showing, or if a nip might slip, or if our butt looks OK.
And there you have it, gals.If you follow these 5 fashion tips, you too can capture the man of your dreams just like The Mooch.
Not to mention the derision of a Nation and a stupid looking dog.