Pages


Saturday, October 01, 2011

Movie reviews

I'm falling behind in my reviews so I'm going to do a couple for you real quick.

"We Were Soldiers"
Saw that one last weekend for about the 5th time. Great movie, true story, lots of folks died - good from a theatrical standpoint, not so good in real life - tons of heroics and great acting.
On a personal level, Ia Drang was my Pops' first battle on his first tour in Vietnam, so I've been hearing about his views as a foot soldier all my life. This movie was the first time I saw the battle from a command standpoint, the overall view, you know?
And sadly enough, the battle took place on 14 November, my mothers' birthday and that's fucked up because that day will always be 1965 to Pops, not his wifes' birthday.
Anyways, great movie. I'll watch it again and again.

"Burlesque"
Saw that one earlier this week because Lisa wanted me to hear Christine Aquileras' voice and she knows I won't listen to pop.
Chick flick, starring Christine Aquilera and Cher. Christine plays Allie, a small town girl that runs off to LA to hit the big time. Cher plays Tess, the owner of the burlesque theater that she gets a job at.
There's some story line where Allie is fucking the bartender and Tess is having money problems and may lose the place. There's also a couple of gay dudes in there so I'm sure there was some buggery going on but I don't know, I lost interest about 15 minutes into the movie and got online but could hear what was going on and Lisa wasn't lying - that girl can flat out sing some torch music. Great set of lungs.

"Annie"
Lisa's watching that one right now and I didn't even make it through the opening credits. Thank God for iTunes, ear buds and Willies' "Redheaded Stranger".

1 comment:

  1. Most chick flicks bore me, too. I wonder why that is....

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated due to spam, drunks and trolls.
Keep 'em civil, coherent, short, and on topic.