Wednesday, November 30, 2011

No problem, Mocch-elle. We'll pick up the tab.

First lady Michelle Obama enjoyed a lovely evening at Co Co. Sala on F Street on Monday night. A Yeas & Nays source tells us she dined with seven friends for dinner and, of course, dessert -- which featured an edible chocolate sculpture and house-made artisanal chocolates by Chef Santosh Tiptur. We're told Obama's favorite savory was Chef Tiptur's Moroccan Swordfish Sliders with chermoula marinade, fennel salad, aged pecorino and hazelnut coffee dressing. The restaurant owners later posted to Twitter about their excitement of having her as a guest. "It was such an honor to have first lady Michelle Obama dine at Co Co. Sala last night. What an exciting and humbling experience!"
The Washington Examiner

*****

And where did I dine last night?
At my lovely residence here in Modesto. I chose a savory bowl of minestroni soup opened and heated by the lovely Miss Lisa, along with a delightful french bread garlic toast, staying with my gritty day by using day old bread of course.
For dessert I was offered fresh pomegranite, grown on one of Modesto's very own properties, very tart and flavorful.
All courses were served with ice water or a store brand soft drink.

Sorry about such a poor showing for dinner folks, but I'm just following the Obamessiah's advice and living within my means. I wish the his old lady would do the same - live within our (the taxpayers') means.
But to be fair to Miss Lisa (because she's going to reading this later) I was offered steak and potatoes as well. I like soup and bread, what can I say?