Pages


Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Fun with Charles

We got this black boss named Charles out at work - in his 60s and from Oakland, so he's had the radical black attitude, although he's mellowed that shit out considerably in the 10+ years I've been working with and for him. I hated that motherfucker when he first hired on as management (a story for another post) but we came to an understanding - I understood he would fire my ass if I didn't cool my heels - and we actually started getting along real well, even to the point of talking race shit as evidenced by the photo below, taken a few years ago.
Yeah, so the the other day I was fucking with him and asked if he preferred African American, black or negro.
"Man, I'd rather be called colored than a damned negro".
So now he's on my ass for referring to him around work as 'my colored friend'.

And it was just last week that me and my buddy Rick were fucking off in one of the dark aisles, just bullshitting and catching up on our weekends. Monday morning shit, you know?
Rick

Rick is working for Charles and Charles is on the prowl looking for him. Rick's got his radio turned off so he wouldn't be disturbed by it and he was ignoring repeated calls on the intercom requesting his presence at the office. It's just a matter of time until Charles shows up looking for his lazy ass.
Pretty soon we see Charles on his little electric cart cruising down the receiving dock, his big-ass head turning back and forth, looking for Rick. Right before he gets to the aisle we're standing in, Rick throws his arms around me and plants a big ol' sloppy kiss right on my lips.
Charles got excited, to say the least.
"OH MY GAWD!!! YOU FUCKING WHITE PEOPLE..... OH LAWDY!!! GET YOUR MOTHERFUCKING ASSES IN A TRAILER WITH THAT SHIT BEFORE YOU GET US ALL FIRED!!! OH LAWD......"
And yes, after we quit laughing there was the necessary awkward silence.

2 comments:

  1. damn! I just now remembered what it was like in the plywood mill back before I went back to school and became a PC tongue bitin' gum't employee. Trust me, things are changing. The dumbasses made me take training in how to keep from harassing other employees, one way or another, and it backfired! No sooner than I take the class, I get a harassment charge against me. The fact is, that they taught me what my rights were, and it turns out that my rights were violated because of the accusation. Mysteriously, that "person" doesn't work here any longer.
    The key to tolerance with your fellow workers, is that it is a two way street. If that is not understood then there will be conflict.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rick doesn't look like your type, Ken. Charles, however...

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated due to spam, drunks and trolls.
Keep 'em civil, coherent, short, and on topic.