Pages


Saturday, December 24, 2011

So he gets to pick and choose?

Obama says he's not bound by Guantanamo, gun-control provisions
President Obama said Friday he will not be bound by at least 20 policy riders in the 2012 omnibus funding the government, including provisions pertaining to Guantanamo Bay and gun control.
After he signed the omnibus into law Friday, the White House released a concurrent signing statement saying Obama will object to portions of the legislation on constitutional grounds.
Signing statements are highly controversial, and their legality is disputed.
"I have advised the Congress that I will not construe these provisions as preventing me from fulfilling my constitutional responsibility to recommend to the Congress's consideration such measures as I shall judge necessary and expedient," Obama said in a statement as he signed the bill into law.
Read more at The Hill
Via Free North Carolina

*****

As I read in the comments of the original article, it's a government by Obama, for Obama and about Obama.

1 comment:

All comments are moderated due to spam, drunks and trolls.
Keep 'em civil, coherent, short, and on topic.