Obama on Guns
by Raquel Okyay
Any American citizen who honors the Second Amendment cannot support the re-election of President Barack Obama 2012.
Any American citizen who honors the Second Amendment truly understands that we are entitled to sell, possess and operate firearms as a means of sport under the constraints of local ordinances or as a means of protection whether against criminal forces or government oppression.
Today, we have an with a long and shocking history of suppressing gun rights, yet claims to be a Second Amendment hero. He does this for one reason and one reason only: Obama wants to win re-election.
After all, suppressing gun rights is not a popular stance among the average American, particularly now when government largesse has tripled and people are becoming more and more dubious that excess controls is the solution to a bad economy.
In fact, there is an undercurrent of Americans who are sick and tired of politicians turning their backs on the Constitution in their attempts to manage our lives and money, and are calling, no screaming, for a return of Constitutional principles of governing.
Now if those same politicians who turn a blind eye to the constraints placed upon them in the Constitution are successful in taking our guns away, we will find an America vulnerable to tyrannical government; a situation that will mark the beginning of the end of our Republic.
Here are the black and white facts revealed in Obama’s public record on gun control (Source: OnTheIssues.org):
• During a primary debate in 2008, Obama confirms his support for the D.C. law prohibiting ownership of handguns, and then contradicts himself by saying “I never favored an all-out ban of handguns,” even though a 1996 signed document says he does.
• At a fundraiser in 2008, Obama explains why some people are not supportive of his candidacy, saying they “get bitter” and “they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations."
• At a 2008 Democrat debate, Obama erroneously asserts that placing restraints on gun owners will reduce the rate of shooting in Chicago public schools.
• In 2007, Obama voted for a bill that permits concealed carry for retired law enforcement officials, but is adamantly opposed to concealed carry permits for American citizens.
• At a 2007 Presidential primary forum Obama blames gun manufacturers for “dumping guns in our communities.”
• In The Audacity of Hope, Obama writes that keeping guns out of inner cities is a moral responsibility.
• In 2005, Obama voted no on prohibiting lawsuits against gun manufacturers.
• At a 2004 Senate debate, Obama says the failure of Bush to not authorize a renewal of the assault
weapons ban is scandalous and that “assault weapons have only one purpose, to kill people.”
• In 2004, Obama acts against a bill that protects property owners from home invasions.
• In 2000, Obama unsuccessfully sought to limit gun purchases to one per month.
Indeed the President has two strikes against him. First, he misleads the public for political purposes by pretending to support the Second Amendment; and second, the public record shows a President that clearly does not honor the Second Amendment.
Spread the word: President Obama is anti-Second Amendment and undeserving of re-election.