Saturday, March 17, 2012

Back to the Crazed Combat Vet bullshit

So far today I've read about 2 homicides committed here in California by returned combat vets and 4 others committed by your run of the mill dope fiends. I'm assuming they were dope fiends by the circumstances described in the articles (web and local smut sheet).
Funny, those other 4 murders didn't mention if the accused was a vet or not. They also didn't mention if the accused was raised by convict parents, were gang members, whatever.
So we're back to the same shit that occurred during Vietnam. All vets are crazed killers. Period.
I've yet to read an article about a vet that came home, adjusted back into civilian life, is holding a 60 hour a week job and is coaching his sons' baseball team and daughters' soccer team.
Okay, forget the part about the job - there aren't any - but you get my point.

Look, it does take some adjustment to readjust to civilian life. Hell, I'm not a veteran - I served in the peacetime Army, never was in combat - but it still took time for me to readjust. 99.99% of all people that serve readjust just fine and come back to our society.
And the fact of the matter is this: the huge majority of homicides are being committed by your everyday scumbags that never had any regard for the rights of anybody else, not Vets.

Let's not fall back into the bullshit of 40 years ago. Please.