Pages


Sunday, March 18, 2012

It's shedding season, can you tell?


CharlieGodammit hates for me to brush him or tug the loose hair out of him, making grooming him a real pain in the ass.
The first thing he'll do is whip around and grab my hand. If I do it again, he'll grab again and growl. After that he justs lays down on his back and wiggles to avoid the brush. This shit will go on for about 30 seconds until I get belligerent with him by raising my voice and pushing and pulling him into position. Then and only will he let me brush him and even then he gets real pissy when I get around his neck and throat.

This shit's been going on for 2 years now and nothings changed. And yeah, I've tried all the tricks that worked on all my other dogs. Nothing works. A muzzle helps when I can get one on him but he absolutely hates anything around his snout and using a fucking muzzle doesn't do a lot of good if you're going to get bit putting it on. Dogbit is dogbit no matter when it happens.

As a result, he gets brushed out only when you can see a cloud of hair following him when he runs and even then I have to talk myself into doing it. It wouldn't be so bad if it actually did any good - I can spend a half hour combing him out, making him look 10 pounds lighter and filling 2 paper grocery bags packed full of Charliehair and 2 hours later the motherfucker has a halo of hair again.

If he wasn't such a great dog in every other respect I'd shoot that sonofa....... aw hell, no I wouldn't. I've had dogs that were just fucking worthless and I kept them around.

9 comments:

  1. I got two GR's that won't sit still for the other to get jealous, and trying to groom them is futile. They love to run over to the neighbors pasture and roll in the deer crap too.

    Kids, dogs, and women, Bah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I saw this I immediately thought of CGD.

    http://www.backwoodshome.com/blogs/ClaireWolfe/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/how-a-dogs-brain-works-450x465.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had one I could use the shop vac on but CGD prob wouldn't stand for that. It would keep the fingers out of reach though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My boy had made it clear that while he loves me, his back legs belong to him. Period.

    No brushing, no tickling his feet while he's asleep (OK - I just can't help myself with that one, I still do it, and if you've never seen a 115# Akita come out of a deep sleep swingin', it's worth it ;)

    Anyway, he's blowing his coat now, too. He'll run away rather than try to bite me, but I just can't let him look so scruffy around his hind quarters - the other dogs will laugh, it starts a riot, cops get called...

    So, tell your vet he needs a serious happy pill to be brushed. Then ask her for enough to get him through shedding season. ;)

    Speaking of which: "Hiro - wanna piece of cheese?"

    Kerodin
    III

    ReplyDelete
  5. Damit man take him to a groomer and let him bite them!! FK

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a Great Picture of CGD!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The most famous dog on the interwebz!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got to agree, I think he'd marry that dog if it was legal.
      He does live in Kalifornia .......ha

      Delete
  8. Right, he's got you wrapped around his little claw and he knows it.
    As my girl does me.
    He'd defend you to the death, though,as mine would. It's worth a bit of fur, frustration, and maybe a couple of stitches!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated due to spam, drunks and trolls.
Keep 'em civil, coherent, short, and on topic.