Sunday, March 25, 2012

Just sayin'

I need to get something straight right now and with this Treyvon Martin shit going on, now's a good a time as any to say it.

I do not advocate for nor will I participate in a race war for races' sake.
If it starts as a race war and evolves into something else, that's a different matter. But fighting against another American based strictly on skin color? That ain't happening.

If the shit were to really get out of control over this (and I don't think it will) and rioting was 2 blocks away, you won't find me there. Nossir. But when it comes up to my doorstep, I'll be blowing motherfuckers down no matter what their skin color is - black, brown, white, or purple. If Brotherman Jerome was to call saying his house was surrounded by a white mob, you wanna guess who's side I'm going to be on?

I may be drawn into it, but it'll be after a decision based on facts and survival, not race.