Pages


Monday, April 09, 2012

Let's help the old boy out if you can.

SANFORD, Florida (CNN) -
The man at the center of a firestorm over his shooting of an unarmed Florida teenager has launched a website, warning supporters about groups that falsely claim to be raising funds for his defense and soliciting donations for himself.
"I am the real George Zimmerman," declares the website, set up over the weekend.
"On Sunday February 26th, I was involved in a life altering event which led me to become the subject of intense media coverage. As a result of the incident and subsequent media coverage, I have been forced to leave my home, my school, my employer, my family and ultimately, my entire life. This website's sole purpose is to ensure my supporters they are receiving my full attention without any intermediaries."
Zimmerman's "life altering event" was the fatal shooting of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, an act that the neighborhood watch volunteer told Sanford, Florida, police was an act of self-defense. Zimmerman has not been charged with a crime in Martin's death, a fact that has provoked demonstrations and calls that he be prosecuted for killing the teen.
The statement posted on his site (Link is below the story) warns viewers that "some persons and/or entities have been collecting funds, thinly veiled as my 'Defense Fund' or 'Legal Fund.' I cannot attest to the validity of these other websites as I have not received any funds collected, intended to support my family and I through this trying, tragic time."
But the site includes a link through which viewers can donate money to pay for Zimmerman's lawyers and living expenses "in lieu of my forced inability to maintain employment." Zimmerman pledges to "personally maintain accountability of all funds received."
Zimmerman's lawyers and a friend confirmed the authenticity of the website. Until now, friends and relatives have come forward to speak on his behalf. His attorneys have said he wants to share his story but can't, because of threats to his safety and the possibility of criminal charges.
A friend, Frank Taaffe, told CNN sister network HLN that while the site is being used to raise funds for a legal defense, it doesn't mean Zimmerman expects to be charged in connection with Martin's death.
MORE HERE

*****

Here's the link again in case you feel like kicking the guy a few bucks:
http://therealgeorgezimmerman.com/

Again, just because he hasn't been charged doesn't mean his day-to-day bills have quit coming in. In fact, he's incurred quite a few extra expenses thanks to Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson and the New Black Panthers. We can help him say "Fuck You" to all those clowns by kicking him a $5 bill.

4 comments:

  1. Link is a 404 error. Site crashed either because of too many progressives hammering it, or too many folks donating.. I hope it's the latter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad I got my donations in early.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Try it now. The link in the story wouldn't work so I removed it, but the one at the bottom of the story works fine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sites still down. If I had to guess, he's been getting a bizillion hits and mostly by people that don't like him I'd think. It wouldn't surprise me if the liberals are trying to keep his site crashed.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated due to spam, drunks and trolls.
Keep 'em civil, coherent, short, and on topic.