Pages


Monday, April 16, 2012

Livin' the White Trash dream

I've been pretty much useless with a toothache for the past week or so and finally got in to see the dentist today.
Hari the Hindu tells me that's it's abcessed and will probably have to be pulled and to take a shitload of antibiotics and come back next week.
"What? Next week? Fuck that, pull it." I've got a PatCon to go to this weekend, plus I don't want to go through another week sniveling like a little bitch again.
"But it's infected. It may not go completely numb....."
"Pull it."
"But... but... but..."
"Pull it."

Hari wasn't lying - it didn't go completely numb even after 4 big ol' syringes of a local, but it didn't hurt nearly as bad as the pain that's been keeping me awake at night.

That's 3 teeth I've lost in the past 5 years - between those and my wisdom teeth, I'm about a quarter of the way through them.
7 down, 25 to go.

7 comments:

  1. I hope you're still taking the antibiotics. You could get blood poisoning if you don't

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, that's fucking dedication!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh great. Soon you'll be posting photos of you gumming your bacon next to CGD chewing a rawhide bone with Lisa sporting an evil grin on her face, pliers in one hand, handful of teeth in another.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You just described my experience in boot camp. The Pouge dentist enjoyed it a little too much. Those Jg boards were the only things between him and an ass kicking of a lifetime. After he was done, I looked at him and said he inspired me to become a dentist. He asked why, and I told so I could inflict the kind of pain he caused me on other people.

    Everyone else got a night in Beaufort naval hospital and real chow. I got sent back to the squad bay on full duty. My Senior DI took one look at me and told me to hit the rack. He even gave me light duty the next day.

    Fucking squids.

    Every dentist I have ever been to is a sadistic fuck.

    Feel better Bro.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had one of those toothaches from hell when I was 25 years old. I took a vow of "never fuckin again"
    and I had every tooth plus two impacted wisdom teeth removed by a dental surgeon. I've had false teeth for 30 years and thanks to "fasteeth extra hold" I take bites out of crisp apples and eat the toughest steak and I haven't never regretted doin it nor, have I had anymore tooth aches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm down two since Oasshole was elected. Can't afford to replace them now. I hate missing teeth. Oh fucking well. Used to have money, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nothing will kill the pain unless and until you ease the pressure from the infection. I bet when he pulled it and those "...4 big ol' syringes of a local..." kicked in you felt like the side of your face was sliding off. BTDT.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated due to spam, drunks and trolls.
Keep 'em civil, coherent, short, and on topic.