Pages


Monday, April 09, 2012

Poor babies

(CNSNews.com) – Speaking Friday at what the administration called “The White House Forum on Women and the Economy,” President Barack Obama said that after his two daughters were born, he and his wife—both Harvard Law School graduates—could not afford the “luxury” of having her stay home with the children.
In 2005, when Obama began serving in the U.S. Senate (and his daughters turned 4 and 7), he and his wife were earning a combined annual income of $479,062. Barack Obama was paid a salary of $162,100 by the U.S. taxpayers, and Michelle Obama was paid $316,962 to handle community affairs for the University of Chicago Medical Center.
“And then there is the woman who once advised me at the law firm in Chicago where we met,” Obama said of his wife in his Friday talk. “Once she gave me very good advice. That’s why I decided to marry her. And once Michelle and I had our girls, she gave it her all to balance raising a family and pursuing a career–and something that could be very difficult on her, because I was gone a lot.
“Once I was in the state legislature, I was teaching, I was practicing law, I’d be traveling,” he said. “And we didn’t have the luxury for her not to work.
www.weaselzippers.us

*****

Try supporting a family of 4 on less than $40,000 a year because both parents work at Burger King when their jobs went away, motherfucker. Maybe you can do it in Kansas or Mississippi, but it ain't happenin' here in sunny Kalifornia.
And you're bitching because you were only making $160,000 a year? Shit, I wouldn't know how to live on that kind of money.

4 comments:

  1. Just shows out of touch with reality thiws guy is. Affirmative action mofo has never worked a day in his life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just goes to show how stupid two Hahvahd grads can be to make such a statement.

    So who took care of the kids while they were both working and how much did they pay them? Why have kids if you certainly have the means to be home with them and raise them yourself, yet choose not to so you can further your "career", 'cause you know she didn't go back to work just to pay the electric bill.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Shit, I wouldn't know how to live on that kind of money."

    Me neither, but I'd sure like to try to!

    Fuck Obama, and anybody who thinks like him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd say they spent more on child care then I usually make in a year or two.

    316K to handle 'community affairs' for the U of Chicago Medical Center? What exactly does that job require? I'd think that's way more then most of the Dr's make.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated due to spam, drunks and trolls.
Keep 'em civil, coherent, short, and on topic.