Pages


Friday, April 13, 2012

Sorry. I got caught up in the moment.

We're sitting at the dinner table the other night, a wonderful home cooked meal, soft lighting, and alone with each other.
Lisa, thinking about all the new things this relationship has brought her says "I've never had a garden, I've never had a dog and I've never had a man that loves me so much."
"What? You've never had a fucking dog before?" It was out before I could stop it. Then I couldn't stop it - it just kept coming out about how it's child abuse to not have a dog when you're a kid, then questioning her about why she didn't get one when she was an adult, then I got started on the garden and kept it up with that.
She just rolls her eyes and shakes her head.

Yeah, Bushwhack, she's gonna need all the luck she can get.

2 comments:

  1. Awwww....you're still in the "Getting To Know Each Other" stage.
    At least that's what Dorothy calls it when *I* do something like that....

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had working dogs, it was unthinkable to have one in the house.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated due to spam, drunks and trolls.
Keep 'em civil, coherent, short, and on topic.