Pages


Saturday, June 23, 2012

Dinner time!!!!

DEARBORN HEIGHTS, Mich. (AP) - A baby raccoon that got stuck head-first in a sewer grate is free thanks to the quick and slippery work of some city workers in suburban Detroit.

The Detroit Free Press reports ( http://on.freep.com/Mc835t) Dearborn Heights Department of Public Works Director Bill Zimmer was in his front yard Wednesday when he noticed the critter. He called fellow Public Works employees for help. They used vegetable oil and dish soap to free the raccoon.
A release from Dearborn Heights says the crew took the raccoon to the Public Works yard for a "much-needed shower" before letting it go in the woods.The animal was OK after the ordeal.
- SOURCE

*****

I have to agree with Montanasmama: I know a much quicker way to get it out - cut it's little head off, clean it and throw it in the stewpot. Hell, it's already caught, that's half the work right there.
Young coon like that ought to be real tasty.

12 comments:

  1. Oh, look at that sweet face...you couldn't/wouldn't do that...right? I'm gonna tell Lisa.

    p.s. I used to visit from our old humorbloggers, but my blog got highjacked so I'm now here using my alias.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Knew you’d like this one Kenny. Hate fucking raccoons. They’re like mountain roaches here. Used to trap them and take them 20 miles, one way, to the lake and release them. With the cost of gas and my truck not exactly an economy vehicle now I just shoot them in the trap and haul the carcass up the hollow for other critters to eat.
    MM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lotta Joy! How ya doing, Girl? It's been a long time - I was wondering what happened to you blog. Did the muslims or the PETAphiles take you over?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yeah. Are you finally all settled in now?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at it's helpless little face! Wirecutter is a big meanie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes Timbo, Wirecutter IS a big meanie!!
    :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aaawwwww! Look! A crunchy chew toy for Charlie GD!

    ReplyDelete
  8. these are why ruger makes the 10-22.i hate these fuckers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am surprised that anyone would call Detroit 911 to report an incidnet with a coon, and be taken seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ya know wire, this will probably start the hate mail all over again....... you'll enjoy that.........;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Coming home from the bar on Friday nigh saw a 20 pounder meandering across my parking lot. Fortunately I had my Glock in the truck with me. Unfortunately, the lady friend I brought home with me wasn't having any of me splattering a coon in my parking lot. I weighed my options and decided to get laid instead. I'll see that fucking varmint again. The coon, not her. She's done.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated due to spam, drunks and trolls.
Keep 'em civil, coherent, short, and on topic.