Pages


Thursday, June 21, 2012

If I were to win the lottery.....

I think the biggest compliment I ever got was when I was riding in my beat up old farm truck with a friend that I worked with. We were just passing the time of day on the way home from work when Tio asked "If you won the lottery, $10 million dollars, what would you do?"
Man, I thought long and hard. Ten million bucks. That's a lot of fucking money, but I ain't lacking much. Hmmmm...... Fuck, that's tough one.
"I don't know man, maybe paint my truck."
He started laughing "That's what I love about you - What you see is what you get. Right up front."
The more I thought about it, I realized what a cool fucking thing he said. What you see is what you get. You know I've always maintained that if everybody else thought like I did the world would be a much better place, but damn, that's the first time I've ever really been able to actually justify that in a twisted sort of wirecutter way.
Of course he might have been thinking too that I was just too fucking stupid to go buy a new truck.

4 comments:

  1. Reminds me of the founder of Walmart who still went to work in his old Chevy pickup with his wife prepared brown paper bagged lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Priceless!! In a twisted sort of wirecutter way ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why on Earth would you replace a perfectly good truck? Paint it, maybe do some engine and tranny work, and you're good for another 150K, in a truck that's likely FAR better than anything being produced today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. id just buy a bunch of land and build a simple house in the middle of it. they dont build trucks like they use to.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated due to spam, drunks and trolls.
Keep 'em civil, coherent, short, and on topic.