Sunday, June 10, 2012

JoeG has a thing about wheelguns, huh?



























I do too. I love a gun you can put your trust in. I've had a couple of misfires with a revolver, both involving somebody else's reloads, but it was nothing that couldn't be cured with another pull of the trigger. No racking, no dicking around with your magazine, just pull the fucking trigger again. For that reason, my nightstand gun is a revolver. I recognize the fact that my immediate action drills have gotten rusty and if my auto jammed on me in the middle of the night, I just might wake up dead.
Oh, and the whole argument about only having 5 or 6 rounds vs 18 for an auto? Stud, if you need more than a half dozen high speed projectiles to neutralize your threat, you don't need an automatic, you need more practical shooting time.
Repeat after me: Aim for the nose, aim for the nose.....